Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday, October 23

Hi, Pat's friends (of whom, I know, there are many)!

We have spent the day together, and Patricia started the day with fatigue and respiratory distress, but through the work of the staff and most importantly herself, Pat has improved. She still has a lot of fluid in her lungs, but less than anticipated, and after spending a lot of the day upright (tiring, but worthwhile) she is gradually better. Pat is getting stronger now, and able to do much more for herself and is able to take a little more food with each meal.

This just might work.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Pat so much loves your comments. They make her smile and when she smiles she gets ready to do more, more steps on the road home.

Thanks.

Greg

12 comments:

  1. so glad to hear you are doing better, got a call from todd he got your message and said he would take very good care of you. How will the fluid keep on leaving and will there be more? Just thinking about all that. I miss you I love you. I know you are working so very hard. Today all you have to do is get through today.love kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear Friends, Glad to hear you had a better day!! And so glad Greg gets to be there with you again...what wonderful people he works with!!!! I am getting ready to head to Lowell to take Maddy to school.. Mike just left for the airport he is going to Minn. they have snow there... Hope today is even a better one for all of you.. get up the good work Pat.. SO MUCH LOVE COMING YOUR WAY Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pat: I miss you so much, Sweety. Having had several tanned, good-looking suiters vying for YOUR seat at church, I put them off knowing you'll be back soon. Remember how life kept trying to raise the bar? We must keep hurtling. Let's refute "White women can't jump," oh yeah. Love Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still reading, eager for every bit of news. Keep working hard, Pat. In anticipation of your return to Grand Rapids, I am sending some cards to the house - I think you'll enjoy them. Sieg and I talked of coming to Mich around Thanksgiving. I truly hope you will be home and we will be able to visit you and tell you face to face how much we love you and admire you. It's easy to tell that you spread love and joy wherever you go, but then, I've always known that. By the comments shared, its also easy to tell that everyone loves you right back. I sure do! You are daily in my prayers and constantly in my thoughts. Love, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todd (and all of us!) were thrilled to get your message. I just couldn't imagine how the Goddess of Supply could communicate all the way from NIH. Keep up the good work. It must be exhausting, but coming home to this wonderful support community will be worth the work. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry - forgot to add my name! That was me talking above - Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pat,
    Glad to hear you're continuing to improve!! My prayers are with you every day. We will miss your smiling face at the food pantry today. I will let our friends know that you are on the mend! Keep strong!! Blessings to you, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning!!
    Lots of excitement here today. We woke up to the first snowfall of the season. Between Sarlinna running around in it shrieking and the dog chasing after her barking I'm pretty sure we woke up the entire neighborhood!
    I'm so glad yesterday was a better day for Pat! We are thinking of all of you every day and send our love. )
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Princess Pat, Sorry I haven't written in a while I was in Arizona. It was beautiful I didn't see one cloud the entire week. Even though you didn't hear from me, you were still in my prayers everyday. Sounds like you are getting stronger. Keep believing and being positive (even when that is difficult). You are one of the strongest and bravest people I know. Keep being a princess but don't be afraid to let Super Hero Pat out once in a while! You are an inspiration to us all. Love, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pat, I haven't written for a few days but want you to know you are ever in my thoughts and prayers. Glad that Greg is back with you! What great co-workers he has. I know you must be working very hard so keep it up Princess! We miss you but one only has to bring to mind your beautiful smile and laughter to feel you near. Take care. Love, Gloria (and Coach Dennis, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been away for the day to a friend who was with her mother on a short holiday near by Harderwijk. Had a wonderful time, so it is late already now And I will write more tomorrow again.
    Just sending love, prayers And blowing kisses your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My english is not so good but i follow the blog and please tell Pat we thinking to all of you.
    Herman and Mieneke
    Fromthe netherlands

    ReplyDelete