Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday, October 12

Thanks to the generous gift of time from my friends and fellow physicians at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital, I am able to stay some more days with my Honey. Thanks to Brett and Mike and Martina especially, and to Dan and Becky and Jeri and Bob and James and Leslie and Julie and Jodi and Hilary and Amanda and everybody.

Progress - slow, but progress. It is now the three day weekend (Columbus Day, Monday the 14th, is a Federal holiday, and the staff is trying to figure out what that means in the perspective of the shutdown). It is quiet on the NIH campus. Not even deer are wandering the streets. The patient population is down and lots of things are closed. Fortunately I have family, and a sweetie who is getting better.

Pat got hot tea today. It was delicious, she says. They have expanded her diet to sundry clear liquids, and a nutritional beverage called 'Ensure Clear.' If it was me in the same position, a useful nutritional beverage would be called 'Chardonnay.' But, alas, none available on the NIH campus. But the doctors are encouraged. They are anticipating moving Pat to a regular floor this weekend. She is getting a little cranky, now, which I take as a good sign as she is 'more interactive with her environment,' i.e., she is giving me orders. I love it.

Thanks to all Pat's followers!
More updates tomorrow.

Greg

3 comments:

  1. Good morning! I'm so glad Greg gets more time to be at the NIH. Those are some terrific people he works with! And stronger opinions means healing is happening, so I'm glad that Pat is cranky--umm, I mean "more interactive with her environment", LOL. I'm going to use that line when I'm feeling especially "interactive" with my family! Today is a beautiful Sunday morning here, clear and sunny and just enough breeze to make a few leaves drop lazily out of the trees. Rob is squeezing in a morning hunt before church, and the rest of us are taking our time getting ready to go. Abigail will be singing with the praise band this morning, I'll be teaching Sunday School and Jr. Church, and Andrew is looking forward to youth group tonight. Sundays are busy here, but in a good way! I hope you have a terrific day, filled with visits and exercise and naps and more tea! We send hugs and love--Deanna and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Pat, Hip Hip Hooray you are getting to drink something!! It is hard to imagine what it is like to be able to finally get to drink something unless you have been there. It is a glorious day!! I still have great memories of the first Lemon Jello I was able to eat! So thankful that your Knight Greg can continue to be with you. Happy to hear that you are "a little cranky" that means you are getting better Princesses are allowed to be cranky sometimes.... That's one of the things that makes them a Princess!! Keep working toward your goal, even if it is literally only baby steps! Your positive determined personality will keep you on the right track! Also think Knight Greg deserves a little sip of his preferred nutritional beverage (Chardonnay) as well. Prayers & positive thoughts to you & Greg!, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. praise God from whom all blessing flow, I am so glad to hear that you can be together for a few more days. Hot tea sounds good to me, pumpkin spice would be great shall I send some? I think you are cranky for the same reason I am. Soon my friend we will be back at it.I love you. I miss you. rest do what they say don't worry I've got the rest. love kim.

    ReplyDelete