Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday, October 24
7:30 am

I'm getting ready to head back to the NIH from the hotel. Pat is still in ICU, but yesterday (Wed) she walked several steps and is better and better at transferring herself. She loves to have PT and OT come by.

The respiratory setback that put her back in the ICU seems to have gotten better, and yesterday afternoon Pat went from her bipap device (helpful but quite inconvenient) to regular nasal prongs for her oxygen. She is still having some trouble eating, but we are coming up with ways to work on that. The sun is coming up and the weather looks clear, so I'm hoping that is how the day is going to go.

Pat likely may be here through our second-favorite holiday, Halloween. Each year she sits at our kitchen table at home and hands out goodies to the neighborhood kids, and she loves it. So, if anyone has a Happy Halloween greeting, feel free to mail it to

Pat Trowbridge, Inpatient, ICU
NIH Building 10
10 Center Drive
Bethesda   MD   20892

Thanks!
Greg

5 comments:

  1. I got a new bat headband to wear for Halloween It is purple and frilly I thought you would like to imagine that, I also got spider web earring. I think that will be fun. I hope you achieve you goals today. I miss you I love you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to hear it is going a little bit better. I don't understand it all :-) like PT and OT, but walking some better and eating going better little by little is wonderfull. You're having a long way behind you and also maybe in front of you, but you'll rock the world again my girl! Beeing in the hospital with Halloween isn't what you were thinking but Greg must get his mask on and give you some yummie Halloween treats, so once in your life you can celebrate the Halloween in hospital by than. I did Christmas twice!
    Mieke and Atie received their cards, you're all so thoughtfull and thank you for that.
    Last week I mailed a bunch of cards also Halloween so there are some cards coming to all of you.
    Lots of prayers and love to you Pat. Thank you so much Greg for taking such a good care for her. You're such a wonderful man.
    Big hugs for everybody, Ria, Willem and Johan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess Pat, So happy to hear that you are making progress with walking & eating! Each step brings you closer to your goal. So sorry you will still be in the hospital for Halloween. You need your Princess Outfit!! Too bad Greg can't recreate being the Hush Puppy Dog again!! haha I am meeting with Vicki Boase today to discuss NOG. I also begin tutoring Tamyah today. She is in 5th grade now. she still needs help with her hand writing and spelling. Hopefully we can make some progress before she goes to middle school. The plan was for me to also work with her little sister Jakyah, but Vicki says she is dong well and at this point doesn't need extra help. That is great news. Will send pictures of the Palmer room. I am going to try and clean out some of it today. They moved all the big stuff out, so we will have lots more room!! Pat I miss you & your beautiful smile!! Keep work hard and be positive. Sending prayers your way! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for some reason it came u under Katie's google account again. My computer is acting a little crazy lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Princess Pat, I cannot believe you did not pack your Gold Lame Cape. I thought all Goddess never left home without it:)
    Wishing well and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete