October 9
Pat says 'hi' to everyone following her on the blog. So, hi!
She is a little tired but she has big smiles for everybody, especially for Suanne who brings the brush. Pat loves having her hair brushed. And we are going to get some of the dry shampoo to clean her hair, too.
Pat did some standing at the bedside and more weight bearing and moving this morning. She had her dressing changed and everything looks good. She's had more meds discontinued. She is still NPO (nothing to eat or drink) and she gets intravenous nutrition, but the surgeons think things are getting better. It is possible she will go from ICU to the (I almost typed 'peds floor') general floor tomorrow (10/10).
Pat is doing her incentive spirometer (she calls it her 'barometer') and a curved device that vibrates when she breathes out. It looks vaguely obscene, but it helps to clear her lungs and she works at it pretty well every 1 - 2 hours.
She did get her triple lumen IJ out today. This is a large intravenous line that goes into the right side of her neck and it had lots of plastic spaghetti hanging from it and was cumbersome when she was trying to move. It was valuable when she needed it, but now she doesn't, so it's gone, which makes life a bit easier and it's just one more step on the path to home.
Thanks for everyone's comments! She loves to hear them, and I read them word for word. I love to see her smile and laugh. Laughing makes her tummy a little bit sore, but helps her pulmonary mechanics. When she smiles, everybody smiles.
So thanks to relatives on both sides of our family, and to our friend Ria in the Netherlands, and friends from Park Church and at Curves and Miss Fit.
Greg
Glad things are looking up, Pat. I can't believe how happy you still manage to look even in the hospital. My gosh woman, you put the rest of us to shame! lol
ReplyDeleteWhen you are well enough, just say the word...I've got a batch of Irish Carbomb cupcakes with your name on 'em! :)
Take care and all the best...Meagan from Miss Fitness
after being lock out my tech team helped me get back in.so glad to hear every step forward. I am so proud of all thee work you are doing to heal. It is your only job so sleep and move when they say and let Susanne take care of you. i love you I miss you. Rest and heal I got the rest.
ReplyDeleteAnd hi from all of us in return. Especially from Mieke, she is helping me out with housekeeping on thursday mornings and really wonderfull to have her ofcourse. I did my best with translating the blogmessage and showed her the pictures from yesterday. She is sending lots of love your way and telling feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteI also showed and told about you to my niece Riekie and her husband Henk, you know the guy who you kicked so hard with the wooden shoes :-) . They told me to write to you that they are hoping you'll feel better soon and they are thinking of you.
Willem is very busy with shopping groceries this morning, Johan has been to revalidation therapy this morning and just came back. I also have been to an appointment in the hospital for revalidation, was home very soon again, because I have to wait now for another appointment with special doctors who are specialized in pain. I don't know how to describe it in a different way. But for you Pat, it is good reading you lost another long line again. I hope you can sleep much better and Suanne taking such a good care for you is wonderful ofcourse. Greg is talking about you laughing and smiling, in my mind I just see it by myself and I hope there will be much more laughters ofcourse.
Let all the others do the working, you can behave like a princess and the only thing you have to do is getting healthy again.
Lots of blowing kisses and prayers coming your way.
Love, Ria
Good Morning Princess Pat,
ReplyDeleteEveryone was interested to hear about your progress at PCW yesterday. They all send their love and prayers for a speedy recovery. Donna Rowe gave me scarves from a friend for Palmer. As always the PCW board is so supportive of Palmer and will be a big help with NOG. Tutors will be starting after the MEAP testing is finished later this month. Everyone at Palmer sends their love as well. I really don't think you know how loved you are. All the good you do for others everyday is coming back to you in the form of prayers and love. People are asking about sending cards. Should they just send them to your house??? Keep being a Princess!!! Todd has approved your "Super Hero" replacement for a Sunday. Think that will be later this month! Will have to take pictures of that.Can't say that your temporary replacement is overly thrilled, but he can't say no to you either!! I pray today is a good day for you and that you keeping making progress. Our love and prayers to Greg as well. .Sara
Here I'm back again with a question.
ReplyDeleteAre you receiving our cards?? We've got one back again today, so I'd better ask if you're getting all the others.
Lots of love and we are thinking of you, Ria