Sunday, October 6, 2013

October 6, Late

Hi, blog followers!

Pat continues to improve. Slowly, but definitely. And she is definitely tired of the ICU. There are a couple of tests tomorrow (Monday, 10/7) that will help determine how things will go over the next few weeks. Pat's labs and numbers are good, per the surgical staff. And the nurses have been good at trying to minimize the numbers and kinds of beeps on the monitors. I think she has been getting better at getting some sleep.

Last night I read Pat your blog comments and you should have seen her smile. Everyone's comments (especially about rattlesnake hunting) got very big smiles.

Pat's mom, Vi, and sister-in-law (though they are essentially sisters, in my book) are staying around to help pat get through the day (and they help me as well).

It's a short blog, but thanks so much for your comments (letters to Pat).

Greg

1 comment:

  1. Goodmorning to all of you! The first thing to check is this blog and I really hope you did have a much better night again with more sleep. Thank you so much good nurses of the NIH to lower the amount of beeps. I know for sure it would drive me crazy enough. Today it is monday again, Willem is the whole day away for education and Johan is working some hours on sich base (I don't now how to explain it otherwise) so he can start to build up his hours and to see how his head is developing. My Scraproom is working out very well, but I still have to fill it up with all my scrapstuff. I hope to be able sitting down this morning again for making some cards. I also need to go to the grocery today for meat and vegetables. In the afternoon also the fysiotherapist and my day will be full again.
    Thank you so much for taking good care for Patricia all of you, it really is a bless to have Mom and Suanne around, because Greg it is also a hard thing for you for sure. And having a backup like them is great ofcourse.
    I hope you will a wonderfull monday with a decision you may leave the ICU soon.
    Lots of love and prayers for Pat and all of you. Big hugs from overseas.

    ReplyDelete