Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday, October 25

I'm blogging from Pat's room, and Vi is here as well. Pat says 'hi' to everyone. She appreciates all the work everyone is putting in on all of the projects, and keep her informed on Second Best sale. Also, thanks much for all the comments!

Today had its ups and downs but is ending on an up note, though everyone is wearing yellow. The yellow is paper disposable gowns that we have to wear. Pat had a 'surveillance' culture, which everyone gets who has been in the hospital for more than a week. They swab various body parts to look for 'bad bacteria,' (our own E is a good bacterium) and one of the cultures is growing a bacteria, we just don't know what the bug is, if it is a bad one or one we can just ignore. So, until we know, we wear yellow gowns.

Pat is getting an upgraded diet. She can have a little more fat, which makes for a much more palatable meal. Angel food cake today!

So we keep on working and walking and trying to get things better. The docs have been very quick to respond to problems and the nurses are doing a good job, too.

Now Pat is on unit 3 Northwest Room 1648, but otherwise the address is unchanged. Thanks for your blogs, everyone!

Greg

4 comments:

  1. hi all...Its been a beautiful fall day. Abby was here doing work around the house:) She needs money and we love having the work done!!! Mike is still in Minn. he hopes to be home for Halloween I may do some scrapbooking this weekend..have so much to do!!! It will keep me busy while I am alone. Keep up the good work dear friend...I can't wait to see you. LOVE TO YOU ALL Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi all yellow people overthere. I really hope the bad bacteria's will keep away ofcourse. Willem is gone to his work and Johan to the soccermatch. So I'm having the whole house for myself this afternoon. I still have to make some cards because of Herman and Mieke's 42nd anniversary tomorrow. Willem his brother is also getting 60 tomorrow, so I still have something to do right now. I'll chance the adress for your cards. Take care and lots of prayers. Love, Ria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess Pat, So happy you are getting to eat more foods!! I am so proud f you for walking.That is so important for you to reach your goal!! I am also sure that you will brighten other patients's day by smiling at them on your walks! Met with Vicki Boase about NOG. She is excited & eager to help us. The Mission board has given us permission to use their bulletin boards for Nov & Dec so I will fill them with info for NOG & Secret Santa next week. It is looking good for us to be approved by Feeding America to purchase can goods for .17 cents per pound. Not sure what money we have to use, but I know we can raise enough money to buy a lot of non perishables. Just think how many families we can help!!!! You won't believe how much from we have in the Palmer room now. Will try and send a picture. Began tutoring Tamyah yesterday. She is so grown up and mature. Much happier than last year. She says hi and made you a card which I am mailing to you. She loves the clothes you got her and is not happy that her mom won't let her wear the skirts anymore because it is too cold out side!! On a sad not, Angie's cancer is back and she has several spots in her stomach and lungs. Their might also be something on her brain as well, but I am not 100% on that. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. The new secretary is doing well. Being an elementary school secretary is a very tough job!! Keep walking & think positive. Your goal is closer than you think!!Sending my love, positive thoughts & prayers!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am having a day off today wishing you were here so we could go out and cause trouble. I put all my summer things away, out with the fall and winter. I am having my folks for supper tonight that should be fun. I don't really like the sound of the whole yellow thing but trusting what you say. I think of you a million times a day and miss you so much. Keep up the good fight . love kim

    ReplyDelete