Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday, October 27 9 am

Hi again from Pat's room!

Pat has a huge window in her room and she can look out and see all the fall colors on a beautiful autumn day here in Bethesda. It is even more beautiful because Pat's smile is shining right back out the window. She continues to improve, still needing oxygen, but breathing easier. We have been through breakfast and the morning doctor parade and so now there are a few minutes down time.

Last night when dinner came we put the iPad on the tray table and Pat ate while we watched a couple of Big Bang Theory episodes. It was dinner and a movie. It was cool.

There are still some things that need to improve before Pat can come home, but we haven't had any major setbacks so we are heading in the right direction.

I'm heading back to GR today. I don't want to leave, like always, but this time it's easier than last time. The blogs may get less frequent, but I'll try to avoid a long gap like last time!

Pat says 'hi' and thanks for the blog comments. She also says the food is yummy. Best bananas in town.

Greg

5 comments:

  1. today is warren birthday can you believe he has been with us a whole year already. I am off to worship, ted and Becky are coming to church then ellens for the day to be with warren on his day. I guess we we have our turn next week. I am so glad to hear of steps forward, even when they are small they are forward. I love you I miss you. love kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat!

    So love to picture you sitting there looking out the window with your wonderful smile, enjoying the fall colors of Bethesda! I'm in Vermont now, and most of the colors have already moved into their winter shades, beautiful in a different sort of way. I think about you so often, Pat, and look forward to when you're home. I miss seeing you!
    Hugs, Marti

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad to hear things are still improving! I'm looking out my window as I type this morning, and enjoying the big colorful maple tree in our front yard. I hope you've got some sun to enjoy your view with today! I get to be mostly home today, which is nice. We'll get lots of school done, and maybe even some get-ready-for-deer camp chores, too! Tomorrow we'll have dentist appointments and a vet appointment and co-op class and meetings, so I'll enjoy the relative peace today :) Andrew and I had a great youth group meeting last night, the kids are talking about doing some painting in the youth room, and they're pretty excited! They want the door painted like the Tardis (from Dr. Who), so when the go through the door, it's "bigger on the inside". You have to be a Whovian to get the reference. We're kind of a nerdy bunch in this group :) They want the snack bar area painted to look like an old west saloon, the gaming area to be painted in some weird futuristic way that apparently needs lots of purple and silver, and the area where we sit for lessons is going to be painted like Atlantis. Oh my goodness. They will be busy for a while! They want to keep the chalkboard wall the way it is, and there are murals and art that will be staying also, but the kids really want to put their own stamp on the room. The current decor was done by a group of kids that has long since gone to college and grown up, so we're due for some fun changes. (I'm especially looking forward to the Tardis!) I hope you have a terrific day full of beautiful views, fabulous nurses, long walks, and good rest! Love and hugs from Deanna and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Princess Pat, So happy you are able to eat yummy food! Sending out a package for you. I am sure you miss Greg, but sounds like he is leaving you in good hands! Getting together information to put on the Mission board Bulletin board this week. We are even going to put the recipes in a brochure box so they can be picked up even when we are not in the Palmer room. Today is a beautiful cool fall day. Still have some color on the trees. Hope you enjoy your walks today. Getting closer & closer to your goal. Keep believing! Sending my love, positive thoughts & prayers! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat!
    My window is filmed over, which is ok cuz it's not so bright out anyway. Everyone is always thinking of you, and asking about you, by the way.

    My hubby and I took a nice walk last night, but I am out of the habit so I had to get up at four to find some Advil. My legs aren't so old, don't know why they have to act so ridiculously. Bryan had stopped asking me to go for walks, so I finally asked him about that. He said "well, you always say you don't want to go." So then I said " well of COURSE I don't want to go, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to! That's why I keep you around - to make me do what I should whether I want to or not." So now he is asking me to go walk again, and is ok when I say UGH I don't want to go!

    What I like best about hospital food is that someone else cooks it, and then cleans it up. The IPad is a great idea for watching movies! I am big on movies and snacks and it sounds like you are doing alright with that. Personally, I like to have Goobers for all movies, but maybe they would be too hard for you right now. I think I will buy a box for you, to save for when you are ready.

    Oh - have you seen Moonrise Kingdom yet?? See if you can find it - it is precious!!!
    Pat, everyone loves you and misses you. Sending you prayers for God to continue sending you strength and courage.
    Love lisa

    ReplyDelete