Saturday, October 26, 2013

Saturday, October 26

Hello, all followers of Pat's blog!

I was so happy to walk into Pat's room this morning and see her sitting up and smiling. Sitting up and smiling is a lot of work, but you all know Pat. She was doing it. And when Physical Therapy came by (in the form of Willie, a physical therapist Pat really likes and would do anything for) she put forth her best efforts. She walked and joked and rolled her wheelchair. She is a real trooper.

Today Pat said the three words I most wanted to hear: "I am hungry." She is eating better, and it seems as if she is sleeping better, and this leads to a more comfortable Patricia.

I have to head back to GR on Sunday, 10/27, but fortunately (and there is no way I can be happier about this) her sister Suanne will be heading back down to Bethesda. Pat's mom, Vi, is still here, and she stayed the night in Pat's room last night (10/25). When some of the nurses went in checking Pat's vital signs, her mom was there, something very reassuring to Pat. I think Vi is really wonderful.

We're not exactly sure when Pat will be coming back to Grand Rapids, but I hope it will be within the next couple of weeks. But, also, I want her to be okay. And the docs want to make sure when she comes home (to physical rehabilitation) she will be doing okay.

I love my Patricia. She is a gem. And thanks to all of you for your comments. As I have said, I read them word for word to her. And she loves hearing them.

When I am home, I promise to update the blog whenever I talk to my wonderful lady.

Greg

3 comments:

  1. Way to go girl !!!! Food makes everything better:) LOL Sorry you have to head back here to GR....safe journey Greg. Glad to hear Suanne is able to come back to be with Pat and Vi. Keep up the good work.. each day you get closer and closer to coming home. There are a lot of people waiting to see you:) Can't tell you how much I miss you. And I can't wait to make pretzel jello salad for you when you are ready for it !!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! And now I want angel food cake. Hmmm, I'll have to check on my eggs tomorrow...Today was super busy for us here, we had our church conference and all 9 churches in the co-op were part of it, so it took a looooong time to get everybody's business done. I don't think the powers that be will organize things like that again! After the conference was done, Millville hosted a swiss steak dinner, which was yummy, and the youth group served the drinks and helped with clean up. They did a great job, I always bribe them with extra desserts :) We had a silly amount of pumpkin pie arrive at the dinner, so I think Andrew and I get lucky with leftover pie at youth group tomorrow night. It was a busy day, but all inside out of the sleet, so it worked out ok. I'm so happy to hear you are up and smiling more! I hope you enjoyed that cake! Love and hugs, Deanna and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding work!! ) Hungry is a wonderful thing and one of Pat's smiles makes any day a little better. Everything is going well on our end. Lora visited last night; she's doing great and it was so nice to have both our girls with us. Love to all of you!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete