October 8 2013
Hello to all followers of the adventures of Pat and Froggie
As you can tell from the intro, today, Tuesday, is looking up. As noted, Pat, Vi and Suanne stayed up
late last night watching "Dancing With the Stars." Pat stayed awake throughout the show and then had a pretty good night's sleep. Today Pat has put for the supreme effort and has participated in physical therapy, other activities, and stayed awake most of the day. I think she will sleep well tonight and start getting stronger every day.
At last she was able to sit up for a long time and Suanne did her hair which absolutely delighted Pat. She's thinking of getting her hair cut very short so it is easy to care for. There is apparently a service in the NIH that does this, hair care for inpatient ladies (and gorgeous women like my Sweetie, too), but, wait for it, the service isn't available because of the Government shutdown.
This morning (10/8) we had a most interesting experience. We (Vi, Suanne and I) were in Pat's room when an armed policeman (yeah, that means wearing a gun) put his head into the room and asked if this was the Trowbridge family. After a few puzzled looks we said yes, and he took Suanne and Vi in tow. They didn't come back for a while so I just assumed they had been hauled off to the pokey by the popo.
Vi and Suanne had done a simple and trusting thing. Considering that everyone at the NIH Clinical Center is already checked and has a badge, they left their ordinary, flowered and cheerful bags beside the chairs in the common area near the ICU when they came in to see Pat. Some 'good' soul saw the bags, called security, and security called the NIH Campus Police, who brought in bomb-sniffing dogs (all true) and dumped the bags out and examined the contents (benign lady stuff inside) and, after talking with Vi and Suanne, all was well. I think that Violet DeMeester hardly meets anyone's definition of a threatening individual. Here is a picture of Vi and Pat and me and Suanne, who is hard to see because she is in the background behind me.
So, we are looking at improvement. It might be slow, but we are expecting improvement. Tonight Pat seemed to be ready to rest, to sleep, and be fresh for tomorrow.
I listened to music for the first time in two weeks. It was good.
Greg


Oh Dear Friends, You all look wonderful:) :) Vi and Suanne what a adventure you two had!!! What do you have planned for today threatening activity...hahah. Pat you look so good!!! I think you would look great with short hair..it is really so easy to take care of..hope our government gets its act together so you can get it done! Greg hope you have a quiet day with all you girls:) HUGS and SO MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL Leslie
ReplyDeletePrincess Pat, Sorry I haven't written in a few days. I have been in New York with Katie and somehow my internet was messed up. Sounds like you are making great progress. Love the idea of a new hairdo!! A new look for when you resume your Super Hero duties! Can't believe the police got involved with your visitors.Don't they know you are a super hero in a Princess disguise? That will be a great story to tell in the future. I must say that you look beautiful in the picture. Must be the great loving care you are receiving from your Prince/Knight Greg!! Have your ever heard of dry shampoo called Pssst? If not have someone pick you up a can at a drug store. You just spray it on and it really does help with hospital bed head! Off to Park Chruch Women meeting & the Material Aids luncheon. Will give everyone an update on your progress. Sending my prayers, love & positive thoughts your way! Sara
ReplyDeleteSo very glad to hear you are starting to feel better! You guys are troopers! I know what it's like to stay for long periods in the hospital and it certainly is challenging even if you aren't the patient. I think getting a new hairstyle will make you feel like a new girl and certainly as you heal and start to move around that's going to make you really see that you are on the road to recovery and getting back to normal. We keep sending prayers your way. Uncle Greg, you are the sweetest and I really love how you adore Aunt Pat. You set a great example of how spouses should love each other. You too keep up the good work and get better soon :) HUGS, Amy
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see pictures of all of you! We think you would rock a short hair style, so go for it when you get the chance! Hopefully Grandma and Suanne have some extra special goodies to load into their bags, just to make the next search more interesting :) I was hoping your visitors were entertaining, and they didn't disappoint! Today we had another beautiful morning, so I had the kids help me with some gardening near the deck. As always, I am behind in the weeding. I came in covered with burrs, even in my hair! I think we've figured out why the beagle is always needing to be brushed. Hopefully she'll have an easier time now that we have so many pulled out. She especially hates having them brushed out of her tail. She always looks at me like maybe I'm just pulling her tail to be mean! Our kitten Patches came home from the vet yesterday after being spayed. She is supposed to rest quietly and take it easy, no running or jumping or playing rough, for 2 WEEKS! I'm not sure how to make a kitten rest quietly. She's much faster than I am! This is going to take a lot of Benadryl...I'm so glad you are resting more easily. I hope you get another good night of sleep and healing! Hugs and love from us--Deanna and family
ReplyDeleteMmmmmm in a way I think my message of yesterday is lost or so.
ReplyDeleteI haven't been posting it correctly I suppose.
What a story about the bags of Mom and Suanne. That would have been really funny in a way to see the police officer in your room. But it is really wonderfull to have the support from Mom and Suanne beeing there for sure. You having a haircut? Maybe it really will be much easier for you at this moment, so girl go for it. I was really happy Greg showed the pictures in this message. I'm so happy to hear you get stronger every day and for sure I know you'll be working hard for it.
Greg, I'm also happy to hear that this time was the first time you could listen to your music again. Thank you so much for taking good care for Pat and I hope you feel comfortable at the place you are staying.
Lots of love and prayers from all of us.