October 7
Hi, Pat's followers! Pat had some tests this morning, but overall the results were optimistic. Pat is ready to move and when the physical therapist came and made her exercise, she did all he told her and asked for more.
There are some things that may take a while to get better, but as of now we don't know how long Pat will be here. But she is smiling, and tonight she sat up for an hour and watched 'Dancing With the Stars," with her mom and sister (they are sisters-in-law, but as close as sisters) Suanne. When I went into her room to kiss her good night, Pat was sleeping comfortably, and smiling. More tomorrow.
Greg
Hello!! I finally got password stuff straight so we can comment! (Mom and I) Great job on blogging Greg. A wonderful tool, this internet. I often think what would Grandma Costello think of it... OH MY WORD!! Thank you for sharing your journey on here with us. Time is precious. So is keeping in touch at a time like this. You are all in our prayers. Good night for now. Sleep well Suzanne, Greg, Aunt Violet and Pat
ReplyDeleteAt the risk of offending you, Greg, you are hopelessly sweet. I bow to you. Give Pat my love.
ReplyDeleteYaay for sitting up! And for dancing with the stars! And exercise! And good company! That's a lot of stuff to be thankful for. I'm so glad you're feeling better. We have a beautiful fall morning here, bright and dewy, so Abigail is outside taking pictures, and Andrew is outside avoiding his Geometry test. The home school co-op classes have begun, and Andrew is enjoying Medieval Warcraft. He'll be learning about Knightly training, the building and destruction of castles, and war machines. There are lots of excited teenage boys in this class! Abigail isn't taking any co-op classes right now, she wants to have enough time each week to work a few hours at the Great Pyrenees kennel a couple of miles from our house. Great Pyrenees are the ginormous white dogs with lots and lots of woolly hair. Bath time is quite a project! She enjoys the job a lot. I hope your day goes well and your visitors are entertaining! Dawn and I are talking over our schedules, we may be out to visit you next week. Sisters road trips are always fun! As always, we send hugs and love! Deanna and family
ReplyDeleteLove your stories also reading about Abigail and Andrew.
DeleteHugs, Ria
I've been here this morning and I planned to write some beeing downstairs. But we got busy again with my scraproom and I didn't gave you any message. I'm having a two week leave of of my work, because I have to use my free days, otherwise I’m losing them next year without using them. Everybody is happy having some free days, but I'm happy to be able to go to my work :-) ofcourse. So I told my boss I’ll take my days this coming 2 weeks.
ReplyDeleteIt is great to read you have been watching Dancing with the Stars. And together with Mom and Suanne? That's party time ofcourse! For sure you can sleep with a smile on your face and I'm really happy if you can sleep some more again.
It isn't such a good thing you have to stay some time longer, but I hope with time things are healing better again. Wonderfull to hear that Dawn and Deanne are taking a sisters-road trip and they will visit you also. It is fun to hear Deanna telling you about Abigail and Andrew.
As Willem told me before that we would try to visit you also, but such a long flight wouldn’t be so good for me and he also has to study for his examination next week. This is for his work and he is for already 6 weeks every Monday and Tuesday going to school. Johan wants to go also to Washington DC one day for some archives to look up there and he wants to do some special research on Pilothelpers at WW II. But taking a visit to you with a peak around the door is a dream and I really hope to talk to you soon again on the phone.
It is sad but Mieke lost her father and Atie lost her mother some weeks ago. But there is also joy, because Stefanie is pregnant again. She is dued on February 24th and that would be a nice birthdaypresent for my brother Herman.
I’ve got your envelop with the piratmasks and they are cute. I’ll make a picture of us and I’ll look if I can send them through. This weekend I’m also going on a scrapweekend to one of my friend’s home downsouth. I’ll see how that all works out there with myself, sure it will be fun I think and I’ll check the blog ofcourse because I want to know how you are. Willem will drive me there because I still don’t drive my car. Johan is to the swimmingpool now with one of his friends and his father. That is also one of the things he is picking up again. He also is busy with the revalidationprogram in the hospital again. That means Fysiotherapist, Psychologist, Social worker and Occupational therapist, so it is rather heavy and emotional for him again. But he is going forwards with many things.
I really hope every day you’re going to feel some better again. It is wonderfull to have such a husband on your side and happily Mom and Suanne to talk to you. I hope the shutdown will not have to much troubles for you.
Lots of prayers and big hugs for you. You’re always in our mind these days. Love and blowing kisses from overseas.