October 4
IT'S OUT!
Hello to all Pat's followers. At 9 am today the team removed Pat's ET tube. Which is good; if they hadn't, Pat was two shakes away from pulling it out herself. She's tired but happy to have it out. She has a lot to say, but we're taking it slow. The surgeons are happy with how everything is going so far. For my hospitalist followers HDVCH: all cx neg, CMP and ABGs good, starting TPN (finally!), NM scan of biliary tract 10/7, less output from JP drains.
We're encouraged and happy. Over the next 24 hours she'll get more of her lines out, and start to walk (Pat has been laying in bed doing exercises in preparation). Family is here and we're able to make sure Pat has company whenever she needs it. Now she needs some decent sleep. She is really not hurting very much at all.
Thanks for your comments!
Greg
Yeah!
ReplyDeleteOh my dear Patricia, I'm thrilled reading this happy news.
ReplyDeleteYou're such a tough lady and I'm so proud on you.
Lots of love and prayers, Ria
I want to hear what Pat has to say when she gets her voice. teehee
ReplyDeleteBe sure to tell us word for word. Loving you, as always. Susie
The Government shut down can't slow her down :) That's terrific news, I'm sure Pat will have lots to say as her voice returns! We had a quiet day here, Andrew went to work with Rob, so it was just us girls. Abigail has taken some more terrific photos. She loves to do super-close-up photos of plants and bugs, and black and white portraits of people. She is working on a collection of 100 portraits that capture something about the person in the photo. She has also been working on her sign language, and will be signing and singing "Breath of Heaven" in church on Sunday. She's awesome! Andrew is thrilled to be going to work one day a week, because he has to keep up with payments on the ultra-cool gaming computer he purchased this summer. He takes the responsibility very seriously, and it's been a great experience for him. We're praying for your continued recovery, and rest for everyone there, and we send hugs and all our love! --Deanna and family
ReplyDeleteI knew you could not keep quiet that long, Goddess Pat.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are on your way to getting better. Pretty quick you will be shopping at Once Upon A Child and we will be making our monthly bonuses. You have no clue how much of stuff I have in my holds, just waiting for your grand arrival.
Waiting with baited breath for your visits.
Wishing you well!
Dianne
I knew you could not keep quiet that long, Goddess Pat.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are on your way to getting better. Pretty quick you will be shopping at Once Upon A Child and we will be making our monthly bonuses. You have no clue how much of stuff I have in my holds, just waiting for your grand arrival.
Waiting with baited breath for your visits.
Wishing you well!
Dianne
Hallelujah, Thank you Jesus.I am so very glad to hear that news I know you are surround by your family I sure that helps the healing. Thinking of you often. love kim
ReplyDelete