October 14, late
Hello to all followers of Pat and Froggie. Unfortunately, E has to head back home, leaving Froggie behind at the NIH for a while. But she is slowly getting better, though still weak. And, most graciously and helpfully, Mother Vi and sister Suanne are staying behind to help, watch and report. She is able to take more by mouth, and is trying to pick things to eat that food services will send. And she is gradually more comfortable and working hard to gain strength.
Blogs may be a bit irregular from this point on, but E will work to update all the essentials.
Thanks to all, and for your comments, that Pat loves to hear.
Greg
Haha...Please forward all of Suzannes greetings and messages to Suanne! Who says we're slow up here? Just pure entertainment! Hope you are having some good quality time. We love the updates. Mom was saying she hoped Aunt Violet is getting enough rest. So to do our part and show our support, we will take a nap tomorrow in her honor! Keep up the good work. Greg, have safe travels. You're in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteSafe travels back home, Greg. I'm so glad you were able to stay the extra time...your coworkers are fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Pat is able to be in a more quiet room and get better rest. When I showed Sarlinna the latest update she said, "Aunt Pat is a rock star!!" She also said she would come make Pat her famous pancakes as soon as she is able to eat them.
I hope all of you have a great week...love and hugs to everyone!
Dawn
Princess Pat, Good Morning! Today is another step forward toward your goal! I am sure you will miss your Prince, but sounds like you are in good hands. I will be out of town for the next week and not sure how much I will be on the internet, so if you don't hear from me it is not because I am not thinking about you. I am still expecting you to"behave" & be a princess. I know it is hard for you to put yourself first but that is what is necessary in order for Super Hero Pat to return!! Great news.... All the extra furniture, desks, chairs etc from the Palmer Room are being sold in the Second Best sale. That should bring a smile to your face!! Helping Palmer & the Second Best Sale at the same time!! Sending my love, prayers & positive thoughts!, Love Sara
ReplyDeleteP.S. Greg is you get a chance when you are home can you give me a call on my cell. Church has my number.
I really was very happy tonight to hear you, Mom and Suanne. For sure they will take good care for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for talking on the Phone and Greg I do hope you'll have a safe trip home.
I just had a wonderfull weekend and I enjoyed it very much. I've been laying on the couch watching and talking to my scrapping friends. The little doggie of my friend is named Toby and he had a wonderfull time laying cosy next to me on the couch. It takes time to recover but I look back with smiles again on this weekend.
This week I still have my days of of my work, but days are taking longer this way although I'm not bored or so.Tomorrow Willem is having his final tests and I'm hoping he will have a good result for his degree for his work. He has been studying al lot, but well he says learning isn't so easy anymore when you're older.
I'm heading upstairs now, it was good to hear you and I hope you're getting much better as soon as possible.
Lots of prayers and love and hugs, Ria
So good to hear of your progress! We're off on a cross country trip to see our daughter in Denver and my brother in AZ, but prayers and good thoughts for you continue!
ReplyDeleteI made a comment on another day to congrats with Sylvia's birthday.
ReplyDeleteLove, Ria
Hello my dear,
ReplyDeleteWhat a hard time do you have.
Valerie told me that Suanne is reading the messages to you.
Today is sunday and beautiful weather for Fall time. We just have been to the forest and we had a great time. At first we have been near an old Radiocommunication center, me in the wheelchair and Willem pushing. It was nice and sunny. On the way back we did walk in the forest for a little while, the leaves are getting there colors again and mushrooms are growing a lot. Now with some painkillers on the couch, but it doesn't matter at all.
I miss Greg his updates, but understandable he had to go home and for sure you'll miss him so much more. But the company of Mom and Suanne will be wonderful also. I'm sure they will take good care for you.
Our prayers are with you and we are sending a lot of love, Ria
Hello Pat!
ReplyDeleteOkay, i am a bit slow on the uptake and have by sheer coincidence stumbled on to your blog sight ( yes, Valerie you read that correctly). I really am not very good with technology.
Yesterday we celebrated all of the birthdays, Dave, Stephanie, and Sylvia. It was fun to have everyone here, a bit chaotic as usual, but fun non the less. The older three can now play in the basement together which is WONDERFUL! Lincoln and Evvie hang out on the main floor with the adults and do not seem to mind one bit that the older three are "missing".
Sylvia takes after her daddy in that she is very appreciative and gracious for the gifts she receives. Ooo's and ahh's and precious comments for each giver. Good life lesson there. Dave and I win the most favorite gift comment award for the large princess coloring/activity book we gave her. We are "the best people ever!". What a hoot!
David and Valerie told us that you will be coming back to Grand Rapids before much longer. We are praying about these arrangements for you and for your continued healing. So thankful to Jesus for your forward healing progress.
Holding you close in prayer,
Tammy