October 10
Ah, another day, another test...
Actually, the test was yesterday. A CAT scan showed some things, but her tummy is looking better. No abscesses. Things are looking up. Tomorrow (10/11) the 'pod,' as Pat calls the group of doctors that come by, are going to do another contrast study. If this goes okay, they might let Pat start some oral intake. She's looking forward to that, let me tell you.
She is kind of sleepy today, so the nurses and physical therapists are pushing her a bit, which is good. She did some more weight bearing today, also good.
So things are moving along. Fewer lines, fewer beeps, less pain, makes a happier Pat!
Greg
And a happier Pat makes us ook happy.
ReplyDeleteLove, Ria
Hi Princess Pat, So glad to hear you are getting rid of tubes and lines, etc. Keep up the good work! You have a good coach there who not only writes great blogs but is right there with you through all of this! I have a coach, too, but right now he is at Palmer with his "boys". I sent a letter to about 25 families of our SS kids with a list of the nonperishable items we need for NOG. Thought maybe I would tell them now so the kiddies can bring them on Sunday mornings. I, too, can imagine your great smile that Greg writes about. Your smile and laughter light up the world, Pat! Love and prayers, Coach Dennis and Miss Gloria
ReplyDeleteHi Pat - Just a quick note to say that we continue to pray for you every day. Big hugs to you and your family. Love and HOPE, Paula
ReplyDeleteHi, So glad things are looking better. Hope you get to eat today!!! Pretzel jello salad waiting for you when you get home and can have it:) It was a beautiful fall day today. Really enjoying this warm weather. Nothing new or exciting happening with me..but I guess that's good..lol Miss ya..Can't wait to see ya..Keep up the good work. MUCH LOVE HUGS Lealie
ReplyDeletePrincess Pat, So happy you might be able to have take in something orally. I know when I could take in something it was an exciting day! That means you are improving and moving along toward your goal. Celebrate this milestone!! I also know it must be hard it is to get up and try to move, but this too will help you get to your goal. It will make you tired, but by doing more and more of it each day you will actually gain strength! Now is the time to use some of your super hero powers to help yourself. You are one of the strongest, most determined people I know! Take your victories each day and don't get discouraged about not being 100% yet. It will come, you will be Super Hero Pat once again.Give it time. If you "behave" (haha) you will see progress. I pray that God will give you strength & courage!! I know your Knight Greg is doing his best to be your cheerleader!! Remember there are many other cheerleaders sending positive thoughts and prayers your way...every step you take, is one step closer to your goal!! Love, Sara
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear they are testing you I hope you studied so you will pass. I am off to work , but just wanted to stop by and say Hi. I miss you I love you. Things here are moving right along.You are never out of my heart or prayers. love kim
ReplyDelete