Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June 16 at 1:15 PM


I'm in Pat's room right now. She is still in the ICU, and being closely watched, but she is doing very, very well. She is up in the chair right now but taking a short nap. She is chatty with the nurses and even talked to our boys this morning. Numbers are good, she is fairly comfortable, and is doing her incentives spirometer very well (that's the inhalation thingie where you see how good you can inhale). Nothing by mouth yet but a few ice chips, but because of the kind of surgery she had it may be another day or so before she gets anything. The ICU staff let her mom stay in the room with her last night and that made Pat very happy. The nurses are really nice and doing a good job with her care. Last time we were here, we reached this point in her recovery almost two weeks post op.


Thanks for the notes from everyone. Sara, the biggest thing for Pat was not missing Night of Giving. She was a absolutely set on that. I'm pretty sure she'll make it just fine.


So, so far, so good. I'll add another note tonight for everyone, and when Pat wakes up I'll read all your comments to her. We're well set for 'stuff' that we need here.


Greg

3 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY you are doing so well chili.......this is such a relief, tell your mom her roses are beautiful ♡keep up the good work Pat, Kevin says hello missy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew. Fingers cross that this continues! Charlie sends his best wishes, too, and wants Aunt Pat to meet 'his' Lily. (We're pretty sure she'll be our daughter-in-law and we ADORE her.) I know this all takes an immense chunk out of Greg, and we're sending him MACROENERGY STAMINA SUPERPULSES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew. Fingers cross that this continues! Charlie sends his best wishes, too, and wants Aunt Pat to meet 'his' Lily. (We're pretty sure she'll be our daughter-in-law and we ADORE her.) I know this all takes an immense chunk out of Greg, and we're sending him MACROENERGY STAMINA SUPERPULSES!

    ReplyDelete