June 10 2015
Hi to all!
Pat and I arrived safely at the Hotel late last night. Pat's mom came with us, which was great because it is a long ride and it made the trip a lot easier (I really mean that). We made smores and sang campfire songs ...
Well, we made it all in one day, anyway. The trip would have been far more enjoyable if God had simply taken the entire state of Pennsylvania and moved it out of the way. There is no bit of level ground except at the top and bottom of curves. Brian is managing the fort at home.
Pat will be going into the Clinical Center today to check in, have blood drawn, have doctors do mysterious things, and make plans.
Thanks to everyone following us. Pat's mom will have a room in the Safra Lodge which is really nice because it is right on the NIH campus just a short walk from the clinical center and is really a nice place for her to stay.
I will be at the Bethesda Court Hotel (also a nice place to stay) Room 333
7740 Wisconsin Ave
Bethesda MD 20815
(Steph - things will probably arrive here sooner than they will navigate the NIH campus mail system).
Ever since Pat and I met (40 years ago) she has had long hair, but for this visit she got it cut quite short. She's still cute, and if I can get the blog to upload a picture I'll post it here.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and (((hugs)))! Every message gets read to Pat verbatim and she really loves getting them.
More soon!
Greg
I'm so glad the trip went well!
ReplyDeleteIt was fantastic seeing Pat, Sue and Grandma on Sunday...I'm pretty sure our family is the most fun. )
Looking forward to seeing Pat's sassy new do!
All my love, hugs and prayers go with you all!
Dawn
Glad you all made it safe and sound!!...can't wait to see the new "do"....senging more prayers and (((hugs)))......
ReplyDeleteYou made it a safe arrival at Bethesda and for sure travelling with Mom and Pat together has been making it so easy. There always will be a lot of conversation beween mother and daughter and never a dull moment with these ladies.
ReplyDeleteThe adress written above can I start sending my cards to there. Will you be staying there the whole time? Because my cards will be on their way some time longer.
Lots of love and prayers, Ria