June 13, Saturday
Okay, here we go. Pat & Co. had a nice long talk with the doctors from the endocrine surgery team, including the surgeons who did her surgery almost 2 years ago. They went over the procedure in a fair bit of detail. They're mostly happy with her lab results, and as of now, the plan is to for it. Surgery will be Monday, June 15. I probably won't be able to give any detailed updates until late in the day, but I'll try. For those of you following on facebook, Valerie may have updates.
Saturday and Sunday are boring days here at the hospital (Pat is remaining an inpatient) and most stuff on the NIH campus is closed, but Pat and I took a walk outside and up to the patient library. Once out, Pat wanted to go everywhere, so we walked around the gardens at the Safra Lodge, which are very pretty. It's a nice place for families to get away from the Clinical Center for a bit, though the weather here has been a bit on the warm side (in the 90s).
So, we are gearing up for the OR. It will take most of the day, they think, but are hopeful that Pat will be ready for discharge in a week (Pat would like to get right off the table and into the car, if she could). It would be fantastic if she was ready to come home in a week. We'll see.
The nurses at the Clinical Center have been quite nice and very helpful, doing the best they can to keep up with changing doctor's orders. There's a lot to keep track of. The rooms look like hospital rooms just about anywhere in the US.
Thanks to Ria for her reply and update, and enjoy the garden! And thanks to everyone following the blog; it's nice to know you're out there.
Ohhh so the date is set now.
ReplyDeleteLots of blowing kisses and prayers from overseas. Well knowing Pat loves to hear the comments, I'm making a Story about it. You know I forgot to tell you that Willem loved to hear from you about the Lilac tree, that it was blooming so much. So in my mind now I do see you walking around in the gardens there. I understand the weekends are boring there because they don't do tests or something like that. So enjoy this sunday also getting strenght for a big day tomorrow. I hope it goes alright and that indeed you will be home next week.
Today Willem is working also And Johan is going celebrating the birthday of one of his friends. I'm going to a friend for cardmaking today. I'm needing lots of cards again And i'll see if I do send it to the adress Greg wrote down or maybe sending to your home adress. But it will be fun today. So first getting breakfast now.
My dearest Pat, Greg and Mom, have a wonderfull sunday today.
The blog is the first thing I'm going to in the morning And I'm loving hearing from you.
Take care please.
Lots of love And prayers, Ria
Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI will be thinking about you tomorrow Pat, Greg and Vi as well!!! Sending prayers!!! Pat tell your mom she has ROSES!!!!! If I knew more about this internet I would send pics, but haven't figured that out yet lol......
ReplyDelete