June 11 2015 9:45 pm
Pat has had quite a busy day. Several doctor visits, an MRI, discussions with social work ( - don't worry, she's not in trouble - as far as I know - yet - ), telemetry, and occasional food. She is taking it all in stride, with a smile, even the MRI and the paper gown she had to wear. The decision of whether or not to do surgery is still in process. But, some of the 8,168,402 tests they did today look better.
Today brought a classic, typical of all hospitals, I think. The 'doctor pod' came by in the morning and said they wanted Pat to get as much protein as possible. But at the same time she was made NPO for her MRI, would miss lunch, and dinner would be late. So much for pushing proteins. At home, I'd make her a hamburger just the way she likes them.
So far, no deer. Two years ago I got a call from the desk clerk at the Lodge. He said I'd left the side door open on the van, and, as it was dusk, deer would likely get inside to eat anything they could find (fortunately, there wasn't much edible!).
Thanks for your comments, because Pat loves them.
More tomorrow!
Greg
No comments:
Post a Comment