Blog for Saturday, September 28
Hello to all Pat's friends who read the blog and send comments. As I noted, I read all the comments to Pat the way you write them, and it is such a pleasure to see her smile as I read them because she loves to hear them. Pat still has a tube in today, and is still on the vent, but is more awake and getting stronger and things are definitely trending in a positive direction. Labs look good, body functions are looking good and, to me, Pat is the most beautiful woman in the world, though she will look just a shade better when all these lines and things are out.
The nurse she had yesterday and today was really sharp. Late last night she got a longer bed for Pat, a bed that has built in rotation so it will roll her from side to side. It's great for her comfort, but I keep having to go from one side of the bed to the other to talk to her. We're also figuring out what makes her the most comfortable.
As I have mentioned, this place is not quite like an actual hospital. I saw that in detail today (Saturday) as I walked from the Safra Family Lodge (a place that I have come to appreciate immensely, as it is a short walk from the Clinical Center, as opposed to a Metro ride away). Though the patient care units still have staffing, the main part of the Clinical Center just totally closes. No coffee, snacks, people, nothing!
So thanks for your kind words and greeting!
Greg
Love hearing you again.
ReplyDeleteGreat you do have another bed now and you having more comfort is the best ofcourse. Happy to hear you're going to the positive direction again and that's the kind of lady you are always fighting. I'm sure you'll have a long way to go, but you're the one who can do it for sure. And my dear having such a wonderfull husband so close to you to is the best thing for you ofcourse and beeing a personal doctor also? You deserve the best you know!
It is good to hear Greg that staying in the Lodge is appreciated by you and beeing so close by on walking distance. In my mind I see you walking with your Music on again.
Willem is working today and Johan is bowling again. My little room upstairs is getting new wallpaper and floor, so most of my scrapstuff is in the garage now. But this afternoon I'll make a special card for you again.
Thank you so much Greg for reading this to Pat. So I can tell you that you're a wonderfull person who is so busy right now with getting healthy again.
Lots of love and prayers from all of us.
You'll hear me tomorrow again.
i am working on a time traveling machine so I can travel there and sit with you for awhile. So don't be surprised if a magically appear and then I am gone. I love the idea of the bed rocking and rolling and Greg running from side to side. More I love the idea of some comfort for you anything and all things that make it even a little better. I am off to worship now I will check back in later. I l,ove you. kim
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are improving (slowly) daily! Pat, be patient and do as your told!! Not an easy task :). Greg, be patient with Pat, and tell her what to do! Not an easy task :). Thinking of you both and offering prayers of encouragement and healing ! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI really feel so Sad beeing so far away.
ReplyDeleteLove, Ria
Great idea Kim, a traveling machine!!
ReplyDeleteBig healing hugs and prayers !!
Dear Pat- I'm thinking of you this morning, knowing how hard it is for you to be still and also not to be able to crack jokes and get everybody laughing! Just lay there and realize how many people treasure you and are saying prayers for your well being!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to more of our laugh riots at Miss Fitness,
Virginia