Blog for September 29 (though a bit late)
This is actually written on September 30 am, just before I go to the Clinical Center to see my Sweetie. Sunday was a fairly quiet day, with mostly some meds and correction of electrolytes and stuff like that. Pat still gets some support from her vent, but now that other things are improving, each day we hope she can get the tube out. I have E and Froggie at the head of her bed watching over her.
Pat isn't having much pain or discomfort, just a lot of frustration that she can't talk. He brain is still all Pat all the time, and she is able to express her joy when I read your blogs to her, and dismay when we can't understand what she is trying to tell us. When she tries to talk, it makes her heart rate go up, then the doctors get worried, so they tell her 'to relax' (yeah, tell Pat to relax and not talk), and that makes her more frustrated ... You get the picture. Still, lots of things are going well, and she had a temp which mostly seems gone now.
And I can't emphasize enough how much Pat enjoys your blogs. More tonight.
Greg
I hung out with Brian at the house for awhile yesterday. He looks good and had the house well in hand. I made the worst pumpkin rice crispy treat for work today . I am try to decide weather to take them or not. I know that there is alot of time and space between us but I want to you know I am right there with you. I know it is hard , I can feel you having a difficult time. I am sending extra love and strength Remember today you just have to get through today. I got the rest. I love you so much.. Greg said you heart rate went up so no more about Tom and blue bloods until you are better. talk to ya soon. kim
ReplyDeletePat not talking....just can't imagine that:) Glad your not in much pain! What a lucky girl you are to have such a wonderful guy , Greg hope you know how thankful I am that Pat has you!!!! Can't imagine what your going through too!! So love,prayers and Hugs coming to both of you!!! Can't wait until your both home and we get to visit again. Love Leslie
ReplyDeleteI don't think any of my posts have come through...I'm really internet challenged. I hope at least some get to you so you know how much you are truly loved and how many people are praying like crazy for you. I continue to get hugs from you frequently via the shawl you sent me, and they really are helping me get through all of the VHL stuff we've got going on. All my love dear friend, Trudi
ReplyDeleteMy dear Pat, Please relax & be Princess Pat... not Super Hero Pat! There is still plenty of time for you to save the world! Sending my love & prayers. sara
ReplyDeleteHello Pat and Greg! Sending lots of warm California sunshine and fresh ocean air your way- I put some in a big glass bottle and shipped it to you, should arrive sometime next week! ;-) From one talker to another, Pat I can only imagine how difficult this is--- I pray that the time between now and when you are tube-free passes quickly... There isn't a mathematician on this planet that could count all the prayers your loved ones are sending your way. Big hug and lots of love, Melissa
ReplyDelete