Tuesday, November 26, 10 PM
To all of Pat's followers:
I have just come from Pat's room at the Spectrum Health facility, and it is time for an update. First, and of great importance: after work, I brought my iPad with me to Pat's room. We got a chance to watch the Big Bang TV show together. It was cool. 'nuff said.
Pat is feeling much better. More and more I see that smile for which she is so famous. Pat is doing more in physical therapy, and has gone up several steps, which is one of her milestones. It was quite a workout today, and she was very tired, but very accomplished. She doesn't always think she is making progress, but I see her doing more every day. Now that she is feeling better, the hardest thing is having to be apart while I go to work. Her mom spends a LOT of time with her, and helps Pat with activities, and provides encouragement, and is doing a lot at home to get the house ready for when Pat is discharged to home.
Pat is off oxygen, and we are gradually working to decrease the number of tubes she has to drag around when she does PT and OT. We are close to losing the wound drain, and then, who knows?
I (Greg) got to have a visit with the grandgirls. David and I, and Sylvia, Veda and Evvie went to see the dinosaurs at the Grand Rapids Public Museum. The dinosaurs moved and roared and the girls thought it was great fun. The Museum is a really nice place to visit.
Pat got a surprise visit from a couple of friends. Here are Kim and Paula, bearing gift to banish boredom and bringing some friendly banter into a busy day.
Once again, it is hard to emphasize enough how much your cards and comments mean to Pat. I read them to her and she loves knowing about what is happening at Church, and Palmer school, and at all the places our friends and family go. It really seems to encourage her that all this will get better!
Stay warm, and have a happy Thanksgiving. I will be sharing a bite with my Sweetie that day. And looking forward to the day she is back in her own home, and to when she will be back in action!
Greg
How thankful I am to read this update again.
ReplyDeleteLadies you are all looking great on this picture.
I'm happy to hear you're improving my dear And for sure I know you're working hard for it. Just also a big hug for Mom because she is beeing there for you. For Greg a special hug because for taking such a good care for you. I'm sure the girls And the big men had a great And fun time in the museum.
Here we are doing fine, there are a lot of virusses in the air I suppose, Willem has a bad cold but like always he is going on And just went to his work. Johan is going this morning also again on therapeutical base, so I have the day for myself again in this house. It doesn't happen so much because Willem took a lot of days off of his work lately but he didn't have any long holliday this summer. Johan is telling me to give you a big hug with this message. He is doing better And better, but it all takes time And one day isn't another. Well I'm moving myself out of bed now to get ready again. Maybe it will be possible to sit down for a while to make a special card for you again. So my dear take care And work hard again And give the world a smile like you always do.
We are sending prayers And hugs And smiles And love from overseas.
Hoping you will have a wonderfull Thanksgiving tomorrow together.
I'm very greatfull to see you the way you are now doing again.
Lots of love, Ria
Princess Pat, Sounds like Super Hero Pat is making a comeback!! So proud of you! You are a very courageous Princess! Remember our conversation, for every 1 step backwards you are making 5 steps forward. Find the positives & improvements everyday. Delivered all the Secret Santa gifts to Palmer. Wow did we collect a lot!!! I think more than last year. The sale will be next week and I am excited to hear how much they will make. Spent most of yesterday at church in the Palmer room. I am so humbled by the generosity of Park Church!!! So many people are stepping up to help! I thought back yesterday to that Sunday 3 years ago when we came up with the crazy idea to feed the entire school. Now I know for sure it was never our idea, but rather God sending us in the right direction. There is so much need at Palmer. Miss Deborah was working with a teacher yesterday to get coats for some kids. Tamyah's mom lost her job again so tough Christmas for them. know what we are doing is making a difference! I couldn't do it this year without knowing you are with me in spirit! Keep sending your positive thought Palmer's way!! Don;t worry about $ or the Mobil Food Pantry. Everything is all set with both. There is $$ to buy whatever we need to complete the meals. Planning on having an evening at church to assemble the meals and get things organized to take to Palmer. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I know one of the things I am thankful for this year is the progress you are making and our special friendship! Keep believing!! Lots of love and prayers going your way!!
ReplyDeleteSara
Hi Pat (and Greg, too!) When I first read Sara's last blog, I thought she said "you are a very contagious Princess" (these darn glasses)! But now that I think about it, you really are contagious Pat ... who doesn't feel a smile forming on their own face when they see yours. And who can't help but feel better at the sound of your laugh! It sounds like you are making great advances with all of your hard work. It is difficult when you are down to sometimes think things will ever get better. But remember the Psalmist's words: " I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord." (Psalm 40: 1-3). Keep the faith dear friend and sweet lady! You are loved! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Greg! Coach Dennis and Miss Gloria XOXO
ReplyDeleteWell I don't see my earlier message, but Happy Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear things are going better! Grandma called yesterday with an update, and it was wonderful to hear her voice and get the news! I hope you all had a peaceful Thanksgiving. It was quiet here, and we went non-traditional and made homemade venison gyros for dinner, with banana cream pie (Rob's favorite) for desert. Rob and Gracie went rabbit hunting, and got one, and we all had a relaxing day. We have had a string of problems with our phone line and internet, but everything seems to be working again. At last! We also lost power during the storm that went through a little while ago. The kids were troopers, we decided to "camp out" at home as long as the house didn't get too cold. We hauled water from the pond to flush the toilets, we "layered" and found our slippers, we ate the things from the fridge that I didn't think would make it, and we played board games by candlelight and ate up the melty ice cream. The kids were great sports, and we even had some fun with it. We had already seen news reports of some of the damage further south before we lost power, so it was a good reminder of the dramatic difference between an inconvenience and a tragedy. And 30 hours later the power was back on. The only thing we lost from the freezer was the ice cream :) The meat was all fine, thank goodness! Deer camp was a success in that we had great company and good food, and it was nice weather for hunting. Unfortunately, nobody shot anything! It was the first time deer camp was skunked in something like 12 years. Steve keeps detailed records of the hunts, so he was able to check, LOL! Fortunately, Rob got a nice buck earlier in bow season, and got a doe just a couple of days ago, so we've got some yummy meals coming up this winter. Next up on the list of happenings here is the Christmas Program. All four of us have things to do for the program, and I'm not in charge of it. Yaayy! I'll still have lots to do, but I can refer the irritating people to the lady who is in charge, heheheh! And the next project I'll be working on here at home is a sweater. I've been crocheting and knitting some little things, and Abigail has requested a sweater. I'll be picking out yarn in a few days to get started! It sounds like you are getting stronger and stronger. I'm sure the thought of getting home is super motivating! You are in our thoughts and prayers every day. I'll be in Grand Rapids to visit you next week! I'll call Grandma and coordinate a good day and time. I can't wait to see you! Love and hugs from Deanna and family
ReplyDelete