Saturday, November 16 2013
Hi, Pat's followers! Time for a much needed update. Well, E and Froggie have been doing a bit of traveling. For a few days Pat has been feeling a bit under the weather and has been getting tired more easily. She did not like this one bit, as she was trying to do as much physical therapy as possible and it was getting harder and harder. The PA (physician's assistant) at the Continuing Care facility saw that Pat wasn't feeling well (as did I, for a couple of days or more) and so she was sent to Butterworth. She is now at Butterworth, a bit uncomfortable, and waiting for the doctors to fix some things, which is scheduled for tomorrow, the 17th. This won't be major surgery, but just some stuff to help resolve some problems.
Everywhere Pat goes, the nurses like her and the aides like her and all the staff likes her smile. Even in the midst of problems, Pat touches people's lives and makes them better. As for me, I'm working full time, but the distance from where I work at the Children's Hospital and Pat's room at Butterworth, well, it's just a short walk down a couple of hallways. So if she has to be here, I'm glad I'm here too.
I'll post updates soon. Thanks for your comments because Pat loves to hear them! And thank you for your prayers and thoughts.
Greg
Yeah it is good to hear you again, I was worried so much.
ReplyDeleteGreg, it will be so much different for you beeing a doctor and now beeing an husband of some great lady who needs care. I'm sure you'll look with different eyes now (as we say it) to many things I suppose, but you are doing wonderful Greg because it ain't easy for you also. Today it is the 17th and I hope the scheduled surgery will be done. I hope you'll feel better much again my dearest Pat. I hope you have received the card Michelle and I made especially for you. She really loves to make cards and when my brother Herman planned to visit us in the afternoon she wanted to come also again for cardmaking. But that will be a next time when she has no school and if I'm feeling alright we will spend some tome together. Yesterday we had a big party of Willem his brother Henk and his wife Ria. This year they were married for 35 years, Ria got 55 and Henk got 60 years old last month, so it was a great evening. Ria has a lot of family so it was rather busy again. I stayed for a couple of hours and than I went home on the bike again. Because of my medicine I'm not allowed to drive the car. Johan and Willem came home early in the morning :-) and they enjoyed themselves very much, but the result was we had a very short morning again. Johan is leaving now for his weekly playing RISK-evening by one of his friends who is living close by. I have to get some envelopes ready for the mail tomorrow. I didn't have any World-stamps in the house anymore so another card will be coming your way tomorrow again instead of today.
Please take care, a lot of prayers are coming your way and we are thinking of you dearly.
Lots of love, Ria