Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday, November 17 11:45 PM

The wind sure is blowing! We hope everyone is okay and still has power.

Today Pat had a procedure to drain some fluid in her tummy. All went well, no problems. Pat is still uncomfortable, and so her mom and I will be working to find what works well for her to eat and drink. It might just take a day or two for everything to settle down.

She is in the acute care hospital setting now which means close observation but also more pokes and vital signs being done through the night. It's a trade-off. But Pat got something for discomfort tonight and I think she will get some sleep.

Pat's mom, Vi, has been as wonderful as a mom can be. She is Pat's guardian and protector, and always checking with the nurses to make sure everything is going okay. She is at Pat's bedside a lot, especially this weekend when I had to work. I have no mother-in-law jokes because mine is a real gem.

Also wonderful are the comments we get from everyone. Pat loves keeping up on what is going on 'out there.' I know a lot of you sent Halloween cards to Pat at the NIH. She was transferred out of the NIH before the cards arrived, so - surprise!- a few days ago we got a HUGE bundle of Halloween cards. I read every one to Pat and that sure got some smiles! Even though it was past Halloween, Pat thought the cards were great!

So, keep the sweet lady in your thoughts and prayers. You are all kind and gracious people, and I can tell by the messages you send to Pat. Thanks.

Greg

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update and I'm happy to hear it all went alright. For sure I know Mom is the largest gem in the world and I'm thankful she is with Pat.
    Johan is working some hours and left to go to the agency. I'm still upstairs with my iPad to let my medicine starting their work and checking the first thing for me is your blog. So I'm really happy with this news and Pat I hope you'll find soon the right way for eating and drinking. Knowing for sure you will work very hard for it together with Mom and Greg and all the other doctors. It is fun to read you've got halloween cards enough and I know you're having fun with it. Well I'm giving Willem a punch now to get out of the bed, he has an appointment with Fysiotherapist because of his left arm is giving him some troubles. So we are sending a lot of prayers your way again, lots of blowing kisses And lots of love, ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Pat, So sorry to hear that you had to undergo another procedure. Sounds like it went well. You will have ups and downs on your journey, but I know each day whether it seems like it or not you are getting closer to your goal. So much to tell you about Palmer. Hopefully when you feel a little better we can talk again. . Ofield Ten made over 100 chicken Noodle Soup mixes for NOG. The donations are beginning to come in. Will try to send you some pictures.I miss you and pray for you everyday Keep believing and being positive. You are very loved!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat, So glad your procedure went well! Sara is right - there will be ups and downs on your journey. Keep on keeping on dear lady! Greg said something in one post about how the nurses and everyone likes your smile and that you always make everyone else feel better. That is the truth, Princess Pat! We miss you and love you!!! Miss Gloria and Coach Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Pat :) I miss your smile and laugh but I am sure the nurses are feeling blessed to get to know you and your kind and wonderful heart. Mike has been gone a lot, I am getting use to being alone...holiday planning is keeping me busy. So glad to have Abby and Beth near! Dj will be home for a week for thanksgiving..He come home this Sunday. I can't wait!!! Abby got a job at ST. Marys can't remember what she is doing.. something with heart monitors... She is making money !!!! YEAH :) I am still watching Ethan on Thursdays..my favorite day of the week.. I am sending love and prayers to all of you..HUGS leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. where oh where will you be next? I am praying for good care and healing peaceful rest.

    ReplyDelete