Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4
11:30 PM

SHE'S BAAAAACCKK!

As of tonight, Princess Pat and Froggie are back in Grand Rapids. Every day a little closer to being well. Pat is happy to be here, as are Greg, Brian, E and everyone else! Pat is still a little uncomfortable, and still has some healing to do, but is so glad to here. She was flown back from the NIH, and of course the story must include delays, bumps, and an ambulance with a flat tire. Such is the stuff of the legend of Froggie and E.

The focus now is on exercise and rehabilitation. Pat is actually much stronger and much more stable with her walker than when I left her a week ago in Bethesda. With the acute medical problems much better, she can work on her physical therapy and strength and balance. But I was amazed to see how much progress she has made.

For the time being, Pat is working on adjusting and will still have a lot of doctor stuff to do; we'll let everyone know when she is up for visitors but she still loves the blog readings.

 
Pat was happy to see Brian, and he was delighted to hug his mom after six weeks absence. And, as you can tell, Froggie (on Brian's shoulder) and E (on Pat's) are so glad to be back together again.
 
 
So, again, thanks for your comments. I will be reading them to Pat, once again in person, and I get to see her every day (as it worked out, I had Monday off and was at the facility when Pat arrived from the airport).
 
Yeah!
 
Greg

7 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so happy to hear Pat is back again and it is wonderful to see the pictures of you and Brian together. This makes my whole day almost perfect again. I'm heading out for some hours to work again. My prayers are still flying over for more recovery, but girl what a good job you've done already. Lots of love, Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad your back to GR. Prayers for you always.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess Pat, Hip Hip Hooray, My buddy is back in town!! You look beautiful in the pictures. Are you sure you haven't been hiding out at a spa???? Of course I am not surprised that Princess Pat aka/ Captain Underpants would have an adventure on her way home!! So proud of you and happy that you are back in town. Bet is was great to see Brian!! Terri & I are organizing the Palmer room on Wednesday, in hopes that we can get a large order for non perishable food from Feeding American on Friday. The Mission Board gave us use of their bulletin board. We have recipe shopping lists, volunteer sign-up and other info about NOG posted. I have some other potential things about Palmer to tell you, but I will wait until we can talk. Keep working toward your goal. You are getting close!!! Keeping you as always in my prayers.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so glad you're back! Leave it to you to have extra adventures during an ambulance ride! And good job on all of your work. I know you're anxious to be back in action, and will be making progress every day. We have struggled for the last several day with power outages, phone outages, and internet outages. And then the TV died. The heavy rain and winds caused some problems out here, but we don't usually get priority until all of the more populated areas are back online. We were fortunate to not lose the contents of our freezers! We had just put about 60 pounds of venison in to freeze after processing Rob's big buck when the power went out. Thankfully, we had electricity back in time. Deer camp starts here next week, so we are in high gear getting ready. The menu is mostly set, the living room furniture is rearranged to maximize seating, and I hooked up the new TV yesterday. The guest room is organized, the air mattresses are located, and I think I know where everyone will sleep. I still need to tidy the office so somebody can sleep in there, clear off the kitchen counters the rest of the way, and clean the carpets. I think we'll make it! I'm really looking forward to coming to see you, so keep working hard and let us know when you are ready for visitors! Love and hugs from Deanna and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am waiting for the ok to come and see you so just let me know and I will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are home, Princess Pat! Sara is right - you look beautiful in the pictures. So good to see your smile again! Keep taking care. We all love you and send our prayers! Love, Coach Dennis and Miss Gloria XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, So glad you are back in Grand Rapids!!! Hope they are taking good care of you at Rehab. You look wonderful :) Can't wait to see you in person. Let me know if there is anything you need. Hugs Leslie

    ReplyDelete