Friday, November 1, 2013

November 11

Thanks, blog followers. Pat is having her ups and downs but, primarily, the plan is for her to be coming home to Grand Rapids next week. Medical problems are stable and we're looking for some serious rehabilitation. I already have a healthy respect for physical and occupational therapy and speech therapy, but now even more I appreciate their skills and abilities. With what little time they have had at the NIH, they have helped Pat progress to better walking, better eating, and better telling her husband what to do at home (I love it).

We are planning to have her at the Spectrum Health rehabilitation facility on Fuller Street tis coming week. She still has some work to do, but now her sweetie (that's me) can see her every day for help and encouragement. If I know my Patricia, she will fly the plane herself to get back if necessary.

Here's a picture of Pat celebrating Halloween with the nurses. We'll all be glad to have her home!

Greg

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful to hear the good news. So Pat will be flying the way? That will be rather an organisaton, but that doesn't matter .... beeing in GR again is perfect.
    I'm so happy for all of you. Pat, you're just a strong and wonderful person.
    Prayers and love blowing your way, Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patricia I just have been looking through the pictures on Facebook again. You are having the sweetest granddaughters in the world.
    I really hope you're having a wonderful day today.
    Lots of love, Ria

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm crying now because of all the things you are going through.
    Take care and work hard and come home soon and you are having the best Mom and SIL beside you and next to mine you're having the best husband in the world.
    Love you, Ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. i miss you on this day at this time. I am so glad you are rounding that comer toward the mitten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Princess Pat!! So happy you are coming home. Being back in GR will be great medicine for you. I am so proud of you and how hard you have worked to get stronger each day. Things are going well with NOG. Not the same without but I am doing my best to make you proud. Terri & so many others are helping. Will take some pictures and send them to your house. Wishing you safe travels! Keep believing. Love, sara

    ReplyDelete